Sunday, May 29, 2011

1st Letter from the field

Henriquez Family,
Okay here is my real letter! It's my 2nd day out on the field and it's crazy! I'm way more busy then usual. Well I stayed up all night the day I left because I had to be at the travel office at 3:30am to pick up all the materials because I was the travel leader. I left to Salt Lake around 4am and got there around 5:30am. The line was soooo long for security that it took us an hour to get through. So by then it's around 6:40am and we were suppose to board at 6:30am and the plane left to Atlanta at 7:05am so we were rushing there. We got there in time but I didn't get the opportunity to call. Landed in Atlanta 3 hours later and that Airport is huge!!! There's a train station that actually takes you to your terminals, I didn't know that at the time so we wasted most of our time walking to our gate. Sooo dumb! That's why I only had 20 minutes to call people and I only talked to Mom, Dad, and Jacob. Than I landed in Knoxville and there were no pay phones to call. I was the only one able to call my family because there was only one pay phone that worked.

The President was already waiting for us since our flight took forever to land. President & Sister Griffin are awesome people. They fed us great food. So far the whole place reminds me of Twilight. A little town surrounded by Forest, its so crazy.

My companion is Elder Robison! Way chill guy! He's from Idaho and loves to wakeborading and snowboarding so that's what we mostly talk about. He's been in the field for 3 months so he just finished training and now he's my trainer. Crazy but he's so humble and nice, I think we're going to get along fine but.... he's a slob just like Jacob, this might be issue.

Oh I'm serving in Dalton, Georgia! I'll be here for 3 months till next transfer. So we can't start tracking till I have a bike so I hope Jonathan sent it already. But luckily we are full of appointment till Sunday. S hopefully it gets here by than. My apartment has a washer and dryer, way chill! So I just had Cinnamon toast crunch with sour milk! It's 2 days expired! I ate it so I wouldn't waste my cereal but I regret doing that now.
Stay strong and faithful. Oh and President Griffin said the coolest thing to me when I arrived! He said, "City boy teaching to the County folks." So I'm going to put that on every letter till my mission is over.

Elder Henriquez

P.S. can someone ask Jonathan if he sent the bike with helmet and bike lock please? need one pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment